WOT RESEARCH? -
Did you know we are an NHS Research Practice?
We work closely with the University of Bristol and also, Oxford, Nottingham, Southampton, East Anglia and Bath.
Our current projects involve:
- What makes healthy aging?
- How can we help people with depression? Are antidepressant medications needed in early depression?
- How can we prevent severe asthma attacks?
- Working with patients on improving how we manage blood pressure and heart failure.
- Which children need antibiotics? (can we safely reduce antibiotic prescribing and reduce antibiotic resistance long term?)
Over the last couple of years we have completed projects on GP consulting styles, depression, dementia and urine infections.
From time to time you might receive a questionnaire or be asked to take part in a study. Look out for screen displays about our projects in the waiting room.
***We would like to thank all our patients who have taken part so far.
It is a great help to the nhs and we hope you have found it fun/useful too!***
We have recently joined with the RCGP to become a sentinel Practice. Click HERE for more
Our research lead is Dr Jenny Eachus and she is supported by our Nurse Manager Annette Thomas. Our administrative lead is Catherine Farrington