COVID-19 Booster and Flu Vaccination
We will next be offering the Flu vaccination to patients in the autumn.
If the government confirm further COVID-19 booster vaccines during this time we will also offer this to patients.
We are working hard putting plans together for our autumn vaccine season. The manufacturers are estimating that our vaccines will be delivered in September. We would therefore kindly request that you watch this website for updates as to when our season will start.
Save the Date
- Saturday the 24th of September over 65s AM and PM
- Saturday the 1st of October Under 65s AM and Over 65s PM.
We will contact eligible patients to book as soon as we can.
Who will be eligable for the flu vaccine this year 2022/2023?
The following groups will be offered the influenza vaccine this year:
- All chidlren aged 2 to 3 years on the 31st of August 2022
- People aged 65 years and over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31st March 2023)
- All pregenant women
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals, specifically individuals who expecxt to share living accommodation on most days over the winter and, therefore, for whom continuing close contact is unavoidable.
- People living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities (this does not include univeristy hall sof residence or boarding schools)
- Frontloine staff
- Those aged from 6 months to less than 65 years of age in a clinical risk group. This includes:
- those with chronic (long-term) repisratory disease such as asthma (requires continuous or repeated use of inhaled or systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease at stage 3,4, or 5
- chronic liver disease
- chronic neurological disease
- learning disability
- splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- a weakened immune system due to disease or treatment
- morbitly obsese (defined as BMI of 40 and above)
Primary school children (from Reception to year 6) will be vaccinated at their school.
Please note those aged 50-64 years and secondary school children in years 7-11 are not eligable at this time.
The government will continue to review advice but for the winter 2022 to 2023 those aged 50 to 64 years or those in years 7-11 at school, will not be offered a free influenza vaccine through the NHS. Content
Who decides who is and is not eligable for the vaccine?
Groups eligible for the flu vaccination are based on the advice of the Joine Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The programme aims to provide direct protection to those who are at higher risk of influenza associated morbidity and mortality and to reduce transmission to all age groups through the vaccination of children.
I'm not a registered patient can I have my flu vaccine with you?
If you are not registered with us as a patient we regret that we are not in a position to offer you the flu or Covid-19 vaccination (this includes students who may be visiting home). We would advice you to contact your own registered GP or local pharmacy with regards to the vaccination.
I have not yet had my first/second/booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, what can I do?
If you have not yet had your COVID-19 booster vaccination and require it, please call 119 or go to your nearest walk-in-centre for the booster vaccine.
I have a question about the COVID vaccine - what should I do?
There is lots of information available online.
We are not able to offer individuals appointements with clinicians to discuss the vaccine. However, if you cannot find the answer to your question please contact us via e-consultation or e-mail and we will do our best to answer any querries you have.
Please support your GP services by having your flu vaccination with us.
We continually develop our services and you can help us to do so by having your flu vaccine in one of our clinics, where it is possible for you to do so.
Published: Jun 14, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.